Advanced Principles of EFM
Speaking the Language of the Fetus
Overland Park, KS
October 24-25, 2019
NCC EFM Specialty exam offered October 26
Presented by Rebecca Cypher MSN, PNNP,
AWHONN President-Elect; A nationally Respected expert in EFM.
Rebecca has been with PEC for 4 years, and already teaches the InPatient OB Review and the Antepartum OB seminars. Rebecca is also the co-author, with Lisa Miller, on the Mosby’s Pocket Guide Fetal Monitoring, 8th edition. Her professional achievements and excellent lecture skills are well known. We congratulate Rebecca on her recent election as AWHONN President-elect and welcome her expanded role with PEC.
- Updated Content to reflect NICHD, AWHONN, ACOG, ACNM Guidelines.
- Interactive Knowledge Sessions Case Reviews and Liability.
- Practice application of NICHD definitions through self-assessment
- Critique examples of peer-reviewed EFM research
- Review fetal-uteroplacental physiology and the impact on fetal
- Describe frequent errors related to EFM interpretation and
- Explain physiologic rationale and research for corrective
measures used in Cat II/III tracings
- Report key findings of the ARRIVE trial/related studies
- Analyze 2nd stage research and impact on maternal-fetal
- Restate four elements of an EFM liability claim
- Summarize important elements of intrapartum EFM docu-
Be assured that the content will reflect the current principles of Fetal Monitoring supported by AWHONN, NICHD, ACNM, and ACOG.
Rebecca will be utilizing an audience response system to enhance your learning experience.
PEC highly recommends Mosby’s Pocket Guide Fetal Monitoring 8th Edition as an adjunct to the seminar.