Labor & Delivery Review 2019: Sacramento CA
August 27-28, 2019
On-site NCC InPatient OB Nursing exam option on August 29
Join Cindy Parke, RNC, CNM, MSN as PEC presents this core L&D Review class. This course allows participants to update their clinical knowledge base, review key clinical care issues, and improve decision-making skills to enhance patient safety and improve outcomes! The content compliments NCC InPatient OB Nursing exam components and through a collaborative effort with NCC, accepted exam candidates can move directly from this review to on-site paper-pencil testing the following morning. (Must attend at least one day of class, to sit the exam as an accepted candidate).
Review labor physiology, pathophysiology, and components of effective labor progress and develop effective patient assessment, care, and management techniques that assist birth physiology.
• Develop policies/strategies for labor induction and augmentation based on respect for physiology, safety, evidence and NICHD recommendations.
• Recognize and respond to abnormal labor patterns including tachysystole and dystocia.
• Review pain assessment and management in labor including non-pharmacologic and pharmacologic care techniques.
• Identify adverse fetal response to labor, causation, clinical observations, interventions, and intrauterine resuscitation.
• Review new NICHD definitions, categories, and necessary nursing actions.
• Recognize a variety of pathologic and emergent labor situations including GH, Diabetes, Uterine Rupture, Hemorrhage, DIC, and appropriate management and documentation issues.
Identify normal and abnormal parameters in the second stage; explore new research-based second stage management.
Describe risk factors for shoulder dystocia noting clinical interventions and techniques to improve outcomes, and decrease liability.
Describe indicators of stage III-IV labor emergency situations.
Develop essential documentation and chart review skills for safer patient care.
Locate and utilize key web resources for L&D skill building to enhance safe maternity and newborn care.
This seminar is another opportunity for Labor & Delivery nurses in need of orientation, practice enhancement, and/or NCC Test Prep for the InPatient OB Nursing Certification Exam.
The L&D Review seminar has the same content as our InPatient OB Review, but these locations/dates are taught by Cindy Parke, RNC, C-EFM, CNM, MSN. Cindy is a skilled lecturer with a wealth of clinical, legal, and teaching experience.
These additional locations and dates are an extra opportunity to meet your scheduling needs.
Join Cindy for an exciting seminar, Learn from the Best and Pass the Test!
Space Limited. Register Today! L & D Review Sacramento, CA