Labor & Delivery Review Program Details
This seminar is another opportunity for Labor & Delivery nurses in need of orientation, practice enhancement, and/or NCC Test Prep for the InPatient OB Nursing Certification Exam.
The L&D Review seminar has the same content as our InPatient OB Review, but these locations/dates are taught by Cindy Parke, RNC, C-EFM, CNM, MSN. Cindy is a skilled lecturer with a wealth of clinical, legal, and teaching experience.
These additional locations and dates are an extra opportunity to meet your scheduling needs.
Presented by Cindy Parke, RNC, C-EFM, CNM, MSN
Review labor physiology, pathophysiology, and components of effective labor progress and develop effective patient assessment, care, and management techniques that assist birth physiology.
• Expand upon policies/strategies for labor induction and augmentation based on respect for physiology, safety, evidence and NICHD recommendations.
• Respond to abnormal labor patterns including tachysystole and dystocia.
• Analyze pain assessment and management in labor including non-pharmacologic and pharmacologic care techniques.
• Identify adverse fetal response to labor, causation, clinical observations, interventions, and intrauterine resuscitation.
• Overview of new NICHD definitions, categories, and necessary nursing actions.
• Recognize a variety of pathologic and emergent labor situations including GH, Diabetes, Uterine Rupture, Hemorrhage, DIC, and appropriate management and documentation issues.
• Reflect upon normal and abnormal parameters in the second stage; explore new research-based second stage management.
• Describe risk factors for shoulder dystocia noting clinical interventions and techniques to improve outcomes, and decrease liability.
• Describe indicators of stage III-IV labor emergency situations.
• Develop essential documentation and chart review skills for safer patient care.
• Locate and utilize key web resources for L&D skill building to enhance safe maternity and newborn care.
Join Cindy for an exciting seminar, Learn from the Best and Pass the Test!
Labor & Delivery Review Seminars 2019