Ultrasound Assessment During the Second & Third Trimester
8 CE Credit Hours
Assessment of pregnancies presenting in the second and third trimester, including OB Triage assessment skills. Content includes: Fetal number, Fetal lie, Amniotic Fluid Index, Placental location, presenting part, and Fetal Biometry with measurements.
The interactive simulator provides three different scan scenarios that cover different aspects of the scan protocol.
Module Requirements for 8 CE credits:
1) Log a minimum of 7 hours within the module, including practice simulation.
2) Take both Quizzes. You must pass each with a minimum 94% score.
3 Complete Scenario 2 test simulation with a minimum score of 94%.
4) Download your log, print and attach in an email to PEC:
(See the General Instructions PDF sent in your purchase confirmation email).
Following completion of the Module requirements the learner will:
- Identify on diagrams and sonograms normal fetal anatomy of the second and third trimesters.
- Describe and demonstrate gestational age assessment in the second and third trimesters, including multiple pregnancies.
- Describe fetal presentation and position.
- Identify on diagrams and sonograms normal feto-placental anatomy of the second and third trimesters.
- Compare and contrast the advantages of 3D/4D imaging with those of conventional 2D imaging.
- Follow relevant protocols when scanning.