Women’s Health Ultrasound:
Women’s Health Ultrasound
October 21-22, 2019
Team Taught: HANDS ON PRACTICE:
Polly Charleston, RT, RDMS, Rose Gozdowski, LPN, RDMS
Cindy Parke, RNC, MSN, CNM
14 hr CE
- Understand the practice competencies for ultrasound use in the gynecologic and obstetric setting.
- Describe indications for gynecologic and OB ultrasound examination.
- Understand the basic principles of ultrasound physics/instrumentation: equipment keyboard and orientation.
(Bring a picture of yours with you to the seminar)
- Define the scope of patient education specific to gynecologic, antepartum fetal assessment
and various clinical use of obstetrical ultrasound, first, second, and third trimester.
- Review use of limited ultrasound in OB triage.
- Discuss the indications for and implications of Biophysical Profiles in evaluating and managing the at-risk pregnancy.
- Discuss the role of the clinician in performing limited obstetrical ultrasound for labor and delivery triage, including cervical length.
- Identify key elements of accountability and documentation specific to ultrasound implementation, evaluation, and billing.
Now with limited hands-on experience with a collaborative effort with KKAmerica Phantom Models:
Fetal and Pelvic Simulation Models
Scheduled hands-on time available at the seminar at no additional charge Improve your skill and confidence.
Class sizes will be limited to assure hand-on learning opportunities, REGISTER EARLY!
This is the most affordable option available to complete didactic requirements.
Content follows guidelines set by AWHONN and ACNM for this new practice skill.
Meets the Didactic criteria established for the ACNM/ARDMS National Exam.
with 90+ combined years of experience in OB & US and Teaching
Polly Charleston, RT, RDMS
Rose Gozdowski, LPN, RDMS
Important Component of the PEC Ultimate Ultrasound Training Program.
Completely Revised and Updated with Expanded Gynecologic and Reproductive Health Content.
New clinical use summary, Ultrasound report interpretation, and management discussion sections.
Meets ACNM and the AWHONN didactic recommendations. Meets didactic learning requirements for the ACNM/ARDMS National Exam.
Didactic Mastery Post Test on the second afternoon.
Add this Billable Skill to your Practice and Department: Gain the required documentation of skill.