Team Taught: HANDS ON PRACTICE: with 90+ combined years of experience in OB & US and Teaching
Women’s Health Ultrasound
September 6-7, 2019
14 hr CE
Where nurses belong. When you find the place that feels right, it makes all the difference. Check out what makes us different: https://www.proedcenter.com/womens-health-ultrasound/
– Understand the practice competencies for ultrasound use in the gynecologic and obstetric setting.
– Describe indications for the gynecologic and obstetrical ultrasound examination.
– Understand the basic principles of ultrasound physics/instrumentation: equipment keyboard and orientation. (Bring a picture of yours)
– Define the scope of patient education specific to gynecologic, antepartum-tum fetal assessment and various clinical use of obstetrical ultrasound, first, second, and third trimester.
– Review use of limited ultrasound in OB triage.
– Discuss the indications for and implications of Biophysical Profiles in evaluating and managing the at-risk pregnancy.
– Discuss the role of the clinician in performing limited obstetrical ultrasound for labor and delivery triage, including cervical length.
– Identify key elements of accountability and documentation specific to ultrasound implementation, evaluation, and billing.
- Now with limited hands-on experience with a collaborative effort with KKAmerica Phantom Models: Fetal and Pelvic Simulation Models
- Scheduled hands-on time available at the seminar at no additional charge Improve your skill and confidence.
- Content follows guidelines set by AWHONN and ACNM for this new practice skill.
Meets the Didactic criteria established for the ACNM/ARDMS National Exam.
- NEW TEACHING TEAM!:
with 90+ combined years of experience in OB & US and Teaching:
Polly Charleston, RT, RDMS
Cindy Parke, RNC, CNM, MSN
Rose Gozdowski, LPN, RDMS
- Important Component of the PEC Ultimate Ultrasound Training Program.
- Completely Revised and Updated with Expanded Gynecologic and Reproductive Health Content.
- New clinical use summary, Ultrasound report interpretation, and management discussion sections.
- It meets ACNM and the AWHONN didactic recommendations. Meets didactic learning requirements for the ACNM/ARDMS National Exam.
- Didactic Mastery Post Test on the second afternoon. Add this Billable Skill to your Practice and Department: Gain the required documentation of skill.